HypnoBirthing® – Natural Birth
What is HypnoBirthing®?
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method is natural childbirth combined with specific relaxation and mind-body techniques very similar to meditation.
You will be in full control and fully aware throughout the entire birth process.
With HypnoBirthing, you’ll maintain a state of calm allowing for a completely natural, often pain-free delivery.
A woman’s body is designed to create and nurture life.
It makes sense then that it’s also able to birth the fully developed baby in a safe and beautiful way for both mother and child.
HypnoBirthing® – Gentle Birth for Both Baby and Mom
Most women fear a painful childbirth.
When you’re in a fearful state, your body becomes very tense.
It’s the tension that creates the pain which so many women experience during labour and delivery.
When you’re in a relaxed state, tension subsides and so does the pain.
Think of it like to trying push a marble through a tightly clenched fist versus when your fingers are completely relaxed.
Your HypnoBirthing® classes will teach you how to release your fears and muscular tension so your baby can descend through the birth canal much more easily – and often faster – than a baby trying to squeeze through a clenched and tightened space.
PLUS when you’re in a relaxed state, your body produces endorphins, which are natural pain killers.
Endorphins are 200x more potent than morphine.
Endorphins are your personal, at-the-ready, released-as-you-need-it epidural.
Your body was designed for childbirth, and your baby instinctively knows what to do.
Discover how HypnoBirthing® will help you release your fears, gain confidence in your body, and trust in the natural process of childbirth.
Some of the benefits of HypnoBirthing®:
- Change fears and worries to a positive expectation and genuine excitement
- Feel empowered and in control of pregnancy and birth
- Establish a close bond and deep connection with the baby
- An opportunity to practice and work with your partner to create a positive and memorable experience
- Potential for a drug free and shorter labour that leaves mother energized to attend to her newborn baby
- Potential for reduced medical intervention and more rapid post natal recovery
- Reduced incidence of post natal depression
- Increased oxygen supply helps the baby’s brain development
- Baby is protected from the mother’s stress hormones, birth trauma and the need for a c-section is often eliminated
- Learn life skills, nutritional guidelines and relaxation techniques that will be useful throughout life
- Reduce the usual discomforts of pregnancy.
HypnoBirthing® Works With A Woman’s Body
Allowing Both Mom And Baby To Have The Best Experience Possible
HypnoBirthing® – Setting Couples Up For Success – For Birth Day and Every Day
Your birth partner plays a vital role throughout the HypnoBirthing® experience.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help you, as a couple, strengthen your relationship by addressing fears, learning effective relaxation, breathing and stress-elimination techniques, and working together toward the common goal of the safe and natural delivery of your newborn.
You and your partner enter the birth well-prepared, feeling connected, calm, confident and ready to welcome your little miracle into the world.
Your birth partner is an important and active participant throughout labour and delivery allowing you to feel fully supported so you can remain relaxed and focused on the birth of your baby.
Your partner will know:
- what to ask for or refuse on your behalf
- how to offer effective encouragement
- how to help you keep your attention focused where it needs to be
- how and where to apply light-touch massage to help release your endorphins (natural pain killers)
- how to comfort you at every stage
When you’re in a relaxed state, your baby can descend through the birth canal easily and naturally.
About HypnoBirthing® Classes
During your 5 weekly Prenatal HypnoBirthing® classes you’ll discover:
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture, and birth your baby with ease and comfort;
- How to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth;
- Why pain is not a necessary accompaniment to labor;
- You will learn deep relaxation techniques to help you eliminate the Fear—Tension—Pain Syndrome;
- To create your body’s own natural epidural (endorphins), the only safe labor enhancement;
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial induction;
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather than tense and stressful;
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing;
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
Our sessions are usually a combination of Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).
At the end of each session, you will take home a special recording that will strengthen and re-enforce the work you have done during the course.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes prepare you for childbirth by teaching you how to control your body when you’re deep into labor so you can achieve a stress-free, often pain-free birth.
**Many of the techniques you learn in your HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help reduce stress and can be applied throughout your life.**
Classes run once a week for 5 weeks
Click the button for class locations and schedules
Hypnobirthing® Prenatal Classes Set The Foundation
For A Strong Partnership In Parenting
What people are saying...
- I think the most important aspect for me was to bring us together, to be able to make time to consider our options instead of it always being just me who is thinking about it. Giving power to the father to know that he is essential to the process - now already - has been important for us. The fact of attending the course and seeing and hearing (and not only me quoting books) was important for Gustavo (in my opinion). Also the other day I was astounded during a meditation in yoga class - I was able to visualize connecting with the baby better than ever before, and I am sure it is because of our HypnoBirthing practice. In the past, my mind was always susceptible to wandering and for the first time in years I felt solidly, calmly, undistractedly in my meditation. Thank you!
Eye opening, giving power, strength and confidence for situation or event that was made to seem scary. Remember that it is all natural so natural that you really don't need any intervention. Bringing birth back to the parents and their baby.*** I learned the wisdom of deep relaxation. I spend more time in contemplation and just relaxing then I did before. I realize the utility of this now. I have reaffirmed my enjoyment of deep relaxation. I have always liked meditation. I have learned a lot about the role of the birth partner, very interesting. I have learned more about our physiology. I am motivated to learn more about how the uterus contracts/ surges with the two layers of muscles working together. I like the light touch massage technique I practice this with /on my baby. I like to think that she is getting used to me soothing her. Unlike my partner, I really enjoy the music 🙂 Thank you!
- If another testimonial will help, here is mine on the subject..... My midwife said the same thing to me when expecting my first baby, she also warmed “HypnoBirthing doesn’t always work”. 2 weeks later I was 2 hours into a blissful labour and I quietly announced “the baby is coming” (I’m not quiet person, so my husband took note). The midwife said “it will be a little bit longer love, this is your first baby, they take a while”. With my partner’s encouragement to check, the midwife shined the torch through the water and exclaimed “oh my, we have a head” and “reach down you can feel the baby”. I calmly smiled up, “I know I felt it when I told you”. My baby had crowned and easily moved through to birth by herself with nothing but my natural expulsive reflex” and my birth breaths. 4.125kg, not a scratch on me. Needless to say this midwife has revised her opinion on HypnoBirthing and mandatory forced/coached pushing...... Since then I have had two more babies, each birth has been a different, yet comfortable and an empowered experience. My biggest baby so far has been 4.5kg and I know the reason I have not needed stitches is because I have not tried to purple push. Going within and trusting my baby and my body has been truly life changing for me. I’m now expecting my 4th baby.
- This class gave us the necessary tools to be confident in ourselves and to be prepared as a couple for this special moment in our lives. HypnoBirthing also allowed us to strengthen our bond as a couple, knowing that we are going together, hand in hand, on the same road that will bring us joy in receiving our baby when he's born. It also gave us the knowledge that there are alternative techniques to medicine and drugs in order to help in having a safe, natural and painless birth; it filled us with excitement for this life-changing moment! As mother-to-be, I feel more confident in my natural abilities to birth my baby. I feel that I have Christian's support for when the magical moment will happen and that his love and support will help me in having a smooth and easy birth. As a father, I feel that now I have the necessary knowledge to be an active participant in the birth of my son. I know that I can help my wife to go over any obstacles she might face and this class also gave me some good techniques of releasing my stress. I believe I can use the tools learned in this class to be a better husband, a better father and a better person! Thank you! These classes/courses reaffirmed my instincts that scream out loud that we are natural and natural- energy centered path is what we choose to welcome our baby in the way he deserves, with lots of love, joy and ecstasy, Thank you! I now feel more confident about our birth. I know that what I knew I could accomplish all along is now a reality and my motherly instincts to birth naturally and without pain will be fulfilled. Thank you so very much Ilona!
I now understand we are far more powerful and resourceful than we allow ourselves to believe. I do believe we will have a wonderful birth experience. I do believe in power of the subconscious to guide our baby into this world with joy and love. We thank you for your belief in us and for your belief in the power within each one of us. Thank you!
One of the most important things I learnt from the HypnoBirthing class experience was an adjustment in perspective. Instead of seeing the birth of my baby as something to fear or dread, I am concentrating on the joy of meeting him for the first time on that day. I also feel more confident in my body’s ability to go through the birthing process with minimal intervention or medication. Finally, the classes were a nice experience to share with my birthing companion, I felt his love and support and that he was really there for me at this very exciting time in our lives. I plan to share the book with a friend who is really petrified of giving birth, I think the techniques taught could really be of use to her. The class was enjoyable; the relaxation exercises were very calming. The people we met were all very nice and the teacher informative and kind. Thank you!
Hypnobirthing® – Natural Childbirth
The Way Your Baby Was Meant To Be Born
Most Recent Articles:
While there are many documentaries about birth and news clips about HypnoBirthing, there has never been a documentary primarily focused…
https://hypnobirthingcanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Cardinal-Movements.mp4 The cardinal movements of labor, also called the mechanics of labor, are certain movements of the fetal position and…
HypnoBirthing® Myths & Realities HypnoBirthing® is a widely-recognized, yet sometimes misunderstood, childbirth preparation program. Let’s address 7 of the most common myths/misconceptions,…