HypnoBirthing® – Natural Birth
What is HypnoBirthing®?
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method is natural childbirth combined with specific relaxation and mind-body techniques very similar to meditation.
You will be in full control and fully aware throughout the entire birth process.
With HypnoBirthing, you’ll maintain a state of calm allowing for a completely natural, often pain-free delivery.
A woman’s body is designed to create and nurture life.
It makes sense then that it’s also able to birth the fully developed baby in a safe and beautiful way for both mother and child.
HypnoBirthing® – Gentle Birth for Both Baby and Mom
Most women fear a painful childbirth.
When you’re in a fearful state, your body becomes very tense.
It’s the tension that creates the pain which so many women experience during labour and delivery.
When you’re in a relaxed state, tension subsides and so does the pain.
Think of it like to trying push a marble through a tightly clenched fist versus when your fingers are completely relaxed.
Your HypnoBirthing® classes will teach you how to release your fears and muscular tension so your baby can descend through the birth canal much more easily – and often faster – than a baby trying to squeeze through a clenched and tightened space.
PLUS when you’re in a relaxed state, your body produces endorphins, which are natural pain killers.
Endorphins are 200x more potent than morphine.
Endorphins are your personal, at-the-ready, released-as-you-need-it epidural.
Your body was designed for childbirth, and your baby instinctively knows what to do.
Discover how HypnoBirthing® will help you release your fears, gain confidence in your body, and trust in the natural process of childbirth.
Some of the benefits of HypnoBirthing®:
- Change fears and worries to a positive expectation and genuine excitement
- Feel empowered and in control of pregnancy and birth
- Establish a close bond and deep connection with the baby
- An opportunity to practice and work with your partner to create a positive and memorable experience
- Potential for a drug free and shorter labour that leaves mother energized to attend to her newborn baby
- Potential for reduced medical intervention and more rapid post natal recovery
- Reduced incidence of post natal depression
- Increased oxygen supply helps the baby’s brain development
- Baby is protected from the mother’s stress hormones, birth trauma and the need for a c-section is often eliminated
- Learn life skills, nutritional guidelines and relaxation techniques that will be useful throughout life
- Reduce the usual discomforts of pregnancy.
HypnoBirthing® Works With A Woman’s Body
Allowing Both Mom And Baby To Have The Best Experience Possible
HypnoBirthing® – Setting Couples Up For Success – For Birth Day and Every Day
Your birth partner plays a vital role throughout the HypnoBirthing® experience.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help you, as a couple, strengthen your relationship by addressing fears, learning effective relaxation, breathing and stress-elimination techniques, and working together toward the common goal of the safe and natural delivery of your newborn.
You and your partner enter the birth well-prepared, feeling connected, calm, confident and ready to welcome your little miracle into the world.
Your birth partner is an important and active participant throughout labour and delivery allowing you to feel fully supported so you can remain relaxed and focused on the birth of your baby.
Your partner will know:
- what to ask for or refuse on your behalf
- how to offer effective encouragement
- how to help you keep your attention focused where it needs to be
- how and where to apply light-touch massage to help release your endorphins (natural pain killers)
- how to comfort you at every stage
When you’re in a relaxed state, your baby can descend through the birth canal easily and naturally.
About HypnoBirthing® Classes
During your 5 weekly Prenatal HypnoBirthing® classes you’ll discover:
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture, and birth your baby with ease and comfort;
- How to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth;
- Why pain is not a necessary accompaniment to labor;
- You will learn deep relaxation techniques to help you eliminate the Fear—Tension—Pain Syndrome;
- To create your body’s own natural epidural (endorphins), the only safe labor enhancement;
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial induction;
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather than tense and stressful;
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing;
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
Our sessions are usually a combination of Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).
At the end of each session, you will take home a special recording that will strengthen and re-enforce the work you have done during the course.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes prepare you for childbirth by teaching you how to control your body when you’re deep into labor so you can achieve a stress-free, often pain-free birth.
**Many of the techniques you learn in your HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help reduce stress and can be applied throughout your life.**
Classes run once a week for 5 weeks
Click the button for class locations and schedules
Hypnobirthing® Prenatal Classes Set The Foundation
For A Strong Partnership In Parenting
What people are saying...
- Hi everybody, My name is Nicole, I am a new practitioner in Ontario Canada. I couldn't resist not replying to this story with my son's birth story. I started having surges exactly 8 minutes apart Sunday night June 28th, 2009. There was no change until Tuesday evening (June 30th) when my surges became irregular and I started having back labor ( Alex turned). Wednesday morning (July 1st ) at 11.30 I was, to everybody's surprise 5 cm opened. I had visualized the birth during the pregnancy and I had 4 (hours) as my target for birth. I really wanted to have my baby on July 1st (Canada day) so during the pregnancy I told Alex that we are ready to welcome him whenever he feels ready but that if we were to pick a date we would like him to come on July 1st. At 4.25 pm on July 1st my membranes released. I got into the birth pool and 40 minutes after my husband and I received Alex. He was 8.9 pounds and I had an intact perineum. The midwife came when Alex was already crowning. It wasn't 4 hours but the actual birth was 40 minutes. My husband was so confident that we would have the baby on July 1st that he went and bought a cake the day before knowing that all the grocery stores are closed on July 1st!! Alex had respected our wish and he did everything he had to do (including turn) so that the birth would happen then! Talking about the power of the mind! HB changed my life, I discovered a side of me I never knew I had. I had to do something after birth so with the advice of my HB instructor I decided to teach it so here I am. All the best, Nicole
- Hi Ilona! We just wanted to take the time once again to thank you for everything. Sometimes our motions don’t convey on zoom or virtually but we greatly appreciated you sharing your experience and knowledge with us. It was such a great experience for both Evens and I. I hear him speak about it and recommend the courses to his guy friends all the time, it’s nice to hear the dialogue changing for fathers. Being so close to the due date, people are asking me constantly if I’m scared, terrified, nervous ...my response and true emotions are that I’m not. I’m so excited and calm- I think the most confident I’ve ever felt about anything in my life despite the fact that I know it won’t be easy. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you’ll get to embrace your children and grand-children soon. Lastly, were you going to send us the naturopathy receipt via email or mail? Just so we keep and eye out. Alex and Evens 🙂 Best regards, Alexandra Bagdoo
- A different vision of birth and infants (1). In October 2010 our daughter Evelyn was born. My mother in-law says that each child arrives with a piece of bread under their arm. In other words they arrive bearing gifts. One of the gifts she bought to us is the discovery of HypnoBirthing. After receiving the book as a gift we (my husband and I) took the course with Ilona Fritsch and we are very happy that we did. The predominant story about birth in our society is one of pain and labor for the mother and a sense of helplessness for the father. We rarely think about what the infant is going through but when we do we see birth as a harrowing terrible experience where we must have doctors who monitor every minute to make sure that nothing goes wrong. And when we think about infants and children we have this story that makes them out to be helpless, just a digestive tube or some kind of incomplete adult. The HypnoBirthing course offered us a different vision. It gave us tools so that the birth was way less painful than we expected. Relaxing the muscles, light touch massage, effective use of breathing and various relaxation, visualization and fear reducing exercises as well as a clear message to ignore time were all very helpful during the birth. Also my husband felt wonderful that he could take part in the process rather than just stand by and watch. The powerful emphasis on the intelligence and capacities of infants was very meaningful for us. The encouragement to recognize that the child is already present even before birth and the importance of starting the relationship before birth was essential. The reflections on what babies need after having worked hard and showing so much competence during the birth process helped us to feel empowered as parents.
- I think the most important aspect for me was to bring us together, to be able to make time to consider our options instead of it always being just me who is thinking about it. Giving power to the father to know that he is essential to the process - now already - has been important for us. The fact of attending the course and seeing and hearing (and not only me quoting books) was important for Gustavo (in my opinion). Also the other day I was astounded during a meditation in yoga class - I was able to visualize connecting with the baby better than ever before, and I am sure it is because of our HypnoBirthing practice. In the past, my mind was always susceptible to wandering and for the first time in years I felt solidly, calmly, undistractedly in my meditation. Thank you!
Eye opening, giving power, strength and confidence for situation or event that was made to seem scary. Remember that it is all natural so natural that you really don't need any intervention. Bringing birth back to the parents and their baby.*** I learned the wisdom of deep relaxation. I spend more time in contemplation and just relaxing then I did before. I realize the utility of this now. I have reaffirmed my enjoyment of deep relaxation. I have always liked meditation. I have learned a lot about the role of the birth partner, very interesting. I have learned more about our physiology. I am motivated to learn more about how the uterus contracts/ surges with the two layers of muscles working together. I like the light touch massage technique I practice this with /on my baby. I like to think that she is getting used to me soothing her. Unlike my partner, I really enjoy the music 🙂 Thank you!
- If another testimonial will help, here is mine on the subject..... My midwife said the same thing to me when expecting my first baby, she also warmed “HypnoBirthing doesn’t always work”. 2 weeks later I was 2 hours into a blissful labour and I quietly announced “the baby is coming” (I’m not quiet person, so my husband took note). The midwife said “it will be a little bit longer love, this is your first baby, they take a while”. With my partner’s encouragement to check, the midwife shined the torch through the water and exclaimed “oh my, we have a head” and “reach down you can feel the baby”. I calmly smiled up, “I know I felt it when I told you”. My baby had crowned and easily moved through to birth by herself with nothing but my natural expulsive reflex” and my birth breaths. 4.125kg, not a scratch on me. Needless to say this midwife has revised her opinion on HypnoBirthing and mandatory forced/coached pushing...... Since then I have had two more babies, each birth has been a different, yet comfortable and an empowered experience. My biggest baby so far has been 4.5kg and I know the reason I have not needed stitches is because I have not tried to purple push. Going within and trusting my baby and my body has been truly life changing for me. I’m now expecting my 4th baby.
Hypnobirthing® – Natural Childbirth
The Way Your Baby Was Meant To Be Born
Most Recent Articles:
“… one cannot actively help a woman to give birth. The goal is to avoid disturbing her unnecessarily.” “Experiences…
by Steve G. Jones, Ed.S. (NaturalNews) Hypnosis has been used during childbirth for approximately 100 years. Many research studies have…
In several countries pregnant…