HypnoBirthing® – Natural Birth
What is HypnoBirthing®?
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method is natural childbirth combined with specific relaxation and mind-body techniques very similar to meditation.
You will be in full control and fully aware throughout the entire birth process.
With HypnoBirthing, you’ll maintain a state of calm allowing for a completely natural, often pain-free delivery.
A woman’s body is designed to create and nurture life.
It makes sense then that it’s also able to birth the fully developed baby in a safe and beautiful way for both mother and child.
HypnoBirthing® – Gentle Birth for Both Baby and Mom
Most women fear a painful childbirth.
When you’re in a fearful state, your body becomes very tense.
It’s the tension that creates the pain which so many women experience during labour and delivery.
When you’re in a relaxed state, tension subsides and so does the pain.
Think of it like to trying push a marble through a tightly clenched fist versus when your fingers are completely relaxed.
Your HypnoBirthing® classes will teach you how to release your fears and muscular tension so your baby can descend through the birth canal much more easily – and often faster – than a baby trying to squeeze through a clenched and tightened space.
PLUS when you’re in a relaxed state, your body produces endorphins, which are natural pain killers.
Endorphins are 200x more potent than morphine.
Endorphins are your personal, at-the-ready, released-as-you-need-it epidural.
Your body was designed for childbirth, and your baby instinctively knows what to do.
Discover how HypnoBirthing® will help you release your fears, gain confidence in your body, and trust in the natural process of childbirth.
Some of the benefits of HypnoBirthing®:
- Change fears and worries to a positive expectation and genuine excitement
- Feel empowered and in control of pregnancy and birth
- Establish a close bond and deep connection with the baby
- An opportunity to practice and work with your partner to create a positive and memorable experience
- Potential for a drug free and shorter labour that leaves mother energized to attend to her newborn baby
- Potential for reduced medical intervention and more rapid post natal recovery
- Reduced incidence of post natal depression
- Increased oxygen supply helps the baby’s brain development
- Baby is protected from the mother’s stress hormones, birth trauma and the need for a c-section is often eliminated
- Learn life skills, nutritional guidelines and relaxation techniques that will be useful throughout life
- Reduce the usual discomforts of pregnancy.
HypnoBirthing® Works With A Woman’s Body
Allowing Both Mom And Baby To Have The Best Experience Possible
HypnoBirthing® – Setting Couples Up For Success – For Birth Day and Every Day
Your birth partner plays a vital role throughout the HypnoBirthing® experience.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help you, as a couple, strengthen your relationship by addressing fears, learning effective relaxation, breathing and stress-elimination techniques, and working together toward the common goal of the safe and natural delivery of your newborn.
You and your partner enter the birth well-prepared, feeling connected, calm, confident and ready to welcome your little miracle into the world.
Your birth partner is an important and active participant throughout labour and delivery allowing you to feel fully supported so you can remain relaxed and focused on the birth of your baby.
Your partner will know:
- what to ask for or refuse on your behalf
- how to offer effective encouragement
- how to help you keep your attention focused where it needs to be
- how and where to apply light-touch massage to help release your endorphins (natural pain killers)
- how to comfort you at every stage
When you’re in a relaxed state, your baby can descend through the birth canal easily and naturally.
About HypnoBirthing® Classes
During your 5 weekly Prenatal HypnoBirthing® classes you’ll discover:
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture, and birth your baby with ease and comfort;
- How to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth;
- Why pain is not a necessary accompaniment to labor;
- You will learn deep relaxation techniques to help you eliminate the Fear—Tension—Pain Syndrome;
- To create your body’s own natural epidural (endorphins), the only safe labor enhancement;
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial induction;
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather than tense and stressful;
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing;
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
Our sessions are usually a combination of Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).
At the end of each session, you will take home a special recording that will strengthen and re-enforce the work you have done during the course.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes prepare you for childbirth by teaching you how to control your body when you’re deep into labor so you can achieve a stress-free, often pain-free birth.
**Many of the techniques you learn in your HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help reduce stress and can be applied throughout your life.**
Classes run once a week for 5 weeks
Click the button for class locations and schedules
Hypnobirthing® Prenatal Classes Set The Foundation
For A Strong Partnership In Parenting
What people are saying...
- If another testimonial will help, here is mine on the subject..... My midwife said the same thing to me when expecting my first baby, she also warmed “HypnoBirthing doesn’t always work”. 2 weeks later I was 2 hours into a blissful labour and I quietly announced “the baby is coming” (I’m not quiet person, so my husband took note). The midwife said “it will be a little bit longer love, this is your first baby, they take a while”. With my partner’s encouragement to check, the midwife shined the torch through the water and exclaimed “oh my, we have a head” and “reach down you can feel the baby”. I calmly smiled up, “I know I felt it when I told you”. My baby had crowned and easily moved through to birth by herself with nothing but my natural expulsive reflex” and my birth breaths. 4.125kg, not a scratch on me. Needless to say this midwife has revised her opinion on HypnoBirthing and mandatory forced/coached pushing...... Since then I have had two more babies, each birth has been a different, yet comfortable and an empowered experience. My biggest baby so far has been 4.5kg and I know the reason I have not needed stitches is because I have not tried to purple push. Going within and trusting my baby and my body has been truly life changing for me. I’m now expecting my 4th baby.
- I am taking from this course a very positive mind set that I can experience the birth that I want to experience. Birthing can be done with no interventions. Relaxed mind is a powerful thing! Pain is only from past perception of labor! The body is designed to birth comfortably! Being relaxed is important when birthing You don't have to be afraid to give birth!
- A different vision of birth and infants (1). In October 2010 our daughter Evelyn was born. My mother in-law says that each child arrives with a piece of bread under their arm. In other words they arrive bearing gifts. One of the gifts she bought to us is the discovery of HypnoBirthing. After receiving the book as a gift we (my husband and I) took the course with Ilona Fritsch and we are very happy that we did. The predominant story about birth in our society is one of pain and labor for the mother and a sense of helplessness for the father. We rarely think about what the infant is going through but when we do we see birth as a harrowing terrible experience where we must have doctors who monitor every minute to make sure that nothing goes wrong. And when we think about infants and children we have this story that makes them out to be helpless, just a digestive tube or some kind of incomplete adult. The HypnoBirthing course offered us a different vision. It gave us tools so that the birth was way less painful than we expected. Relaxing the muscles, light touch massage, effective use of breathing and various relaxation, visualization and fear reducing exercises as well as a clear message to ignore time were all very helpful during the birth. Also my husband felt wonderful that he could take part in the process rather than just stand by and watch. The powerful emphasis on the intelligence and capacities of infants was very meaningful for us. The encouragement to recognize that the child is already present even before birth and the importance of starting the relationship before birth was essential. The reflections on what babies need after having worked hard and showing so much competence during the birth process helped us to feel empowered as parents.
- I think the most important aspect for me was to bring us together, to be able to make time to consider our options instead of it always being just me who is thinking about it. Giving power to the father to know that he is essential to the process - now already - has been important for us. The fact of attending the course and seeing and hearing (and not only me quoting books) was important for Gustavo (in my opinion). Also the other day I was astounded during a meditation in yoga class - I was able to visualize connecting with the baby better than ever before, and I am sure it is because of our HypnoBirthing practice. In the past, my mind was always susceptible to wandering and for the first time in years I felt solidly, calmly, undistractedly in my meditation. Thank you!
- My husband and I were looking for natural methods that would help us through labour and delivery in order to make it a positive and memorable experience as I was interested in a natural water birth with a midwife. I found HypnoBirthing with Ilona really worked for us and would highly recommend it. It’s more than breathing as it teaches mind over body and different breathing for different parts of labour as well as ways to relax during pregnancy and postpartum and most of all adjusts your whole thinking in labour and delivery in order for it to be a fearless and confident experience. A midwife and HypnoBirthing was the perfect combo for us and really helped my husband and I get prepared and work as a team during the whole experience. HypnoBirthing also teaches relaxation methods and visualization and positive thinking which helped with my fears of the whole process and to be more ready for it all by explaining what exactly happens and why and all the options that no one else really discusses with you. Ilona who teaches the class is also very passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated to what she does and to helping you successfully and so if you put in the time and practice techniques as she suggests you will get a lot out of it. I can’t thank Ilona enough for helping me through my fears and concerns as well as building my confidence and teaching me of the strength we each have within. Joanne
- This class gave us the necessary tools to be confident in ourselves and to be prepared as a couple for this special moment in our lives. HypnoBirthing also allowed us to strengthen our bond as a couple, knowing that we are going together, hand in hand, on the same road that will bring us joy in receiving our baby when he's born. It also gave us the knowledge that there are alternative techniques to medicine and drugs in order to help in having a safe, natural and painless birth; it filled us with excitement for this life-changing moment! As mother-to-be, I feel more confident in my natural abilities to birth my baby. I feel that I have Christian's support for when the magical moment will happen and that his love and support will help me in having a smooth and easy birth. As a father, I feel that now I have the necessary knowledge to be an active participant in the birth of my son. I know that I can help my wife to go over any obstacles she might face and this class also gave me some good techniques of releasing my stress. I believe I can use the tools learned in this class to be a better husband, a better father and a better person! Thank you! These classes/courses reaffirmed my instincts that scream out loud that we are natural and natural- energy centered path is what we choose to welcome our baby in the way he deserves, with lots of love, joy and ecstasy, Thank you! I now feel more confident about our birth. I know that what I knew I could accomplish all along is now a reality and my motherly instincts to birth naturally and without pain will be fulfilled. Thank you so very much Ilona!
Hypnobirthing® – Natural Childbirth
The Way Your Baby Was Meant To Be Born
Most Recent Articles:
Marie Mongan, Who Developed Hypnotherapy for Childbirth, Dies at 86 Her natural childbirth techniques have been used by Kate Middleton,…
Why we must not cut the umbilical cord prematurely. By Ilona Fritsch, HypnoBirthing ® Childbirth Educator Did you know that…
“… one cannot actively help a woman to give birth. The goal is to avoid disturbing her unnecessarily.” “Experiences…