HypnoBirthing® – Natural Birth
What is HypnoBirthing®?
HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method is natural childbirth combined with specific relaxation and mind-body techniques very similar to meditation.
You will be in full control and fully aware throughout the entire birth process.
With HypnoBirthing, you’ll maintain a state of calm allowing for a completely natural, often pain-free delivery.
A woman’s body is designed to create and nurture life.
It makes sense then that it’s also able to birth the fully developed baby in a safe and beautiful way for both mother and child.
HypnoBirthing® – Gentle Birth for Both Baby and Mom
Most women fear a painful childbirth.
When you’re in a fearful state, your body becomes very tense.
It’s the tension that creates the pain which so many women experience during labour and delivery.
When you’re in a relaxed state, tension subsides and so does the pain.
Think of it like to trying push a marble through a tightly clenched fist versus when your fingers are completely relaxed.
Your HypnoBirthing® classes will teach you how to release your fears and muscular tension so your baby can descend through the birth canal much more easily – and often faster – than a baby trying to squeeze through a clenched and tightened space.
PLUS when you’re in a relaxed state, your body produces endorphins, which are natural pain killers.
Endorphins are 200x more potent than morphine.
Endorphins are your personal, at-the-ready, released-as-you-need-it epidural.
Your body was designed for childbirth, and your baby instinctively knows what to do.
Discover how HypnoBirthing® will help you release your fears, gain confidence in your body, and trust in the natural process of childbirth.
Some of the benefits of HypnoBirthing®:
- Change fears and worries to a positive expectation and genuine excitement
- Feel empowered and in control of pregnancy and birth
- Establish a close bond and deep connection with the baby
- An opportunity to practice and work with your partner to create a positive and memorable experience
- Potential for a drug free and shorter labour that leaves mother energized to attend to her newborn baby
- Potential for reduced medical intervention and more rapid post natal recovery
- Reduced incidence of post natal depression
- Increased oxygen supply helps the baby’s brain development
- Baby is protected from the mother’s stress hormones, birth trauma and the need for a c-section is often eliminated
- Learn life skills, nutritional guidelines and relaxation techniques that will be useful throughout life
- Reduce the usual discomforts of pregnancy.
HypnoBirthing® Works With A Woman’s Body
Allowing Both Mom And Baby To Have The Best Experience Possible
HypnoBirthing® – Setting Couples Up For Success – For Birth Day and Every Day
Your birth partner plays a vital role throughout the HypnoBirthing® experience.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help you, as a couple, strengthen your relationship by addressing fears, learning effective relaxation, breathing and stress-elimination techniques, and working together toward the common goal of the safe and natural delivery of your newborn.
You and your partner enter the birth well-prepared, feeling connected, calm, confident and ready to welcome your little miracle into the world.
Your birth partner is an important and active participant throughout labour and delivery allowing you to feel fully supported so you can remain relaxed and focused on the birth of your baby.
Your partner will know:
- what to ask for or refuse on your behalf
- how to offer effective encouragement
- how to help you keep your attention focused where it needs to be
- how and where to apply light-touch massage to help release your endorphins (natural pain killers)
- how to comfort you at every stage
When you’re in a relaxed state, your baby can descend through the birth canal easily and naturally.
About HypnoBirthing® Classes
During your 5 weekly Prenatal HypnoBirthing® classes you’ll discover:
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture, and birth your baby with ease and comfort;
- How to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth;
- Why pain is not a necessary accompaniment to labor;
- You will learn deep relaxation techniques to help you eliminate the Fear—Tension—Pain Syndrome;
- To create your body’s own natural epidural (endorphins), the only safe labor enhancement;
- Natural ways to bring your body into labor without artificial induction;
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful rather than tense and stressful;
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing;
- To use your natural birthing instincts to birth your baby in a way that most mirrors the way that nature intended.
Our sessions are usually a combination of Hypnotherapy, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).
At the end of each session, you will take home a special recording that will strengthen and re-enforce the work you have done during the course.
HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes prepare you for childbirth by teaching you how to control your body when you’re deep into labor so you can achieve a stress-free, often pain-free birth.
**Many of the techniques you learn in your HypnoBirthing® prenatal classes help reduce stress and can be applied throughout your life.**
Classes run once a week for 5 weeks
Click the button for class locations and schedules
Hypnobirthing® Prenatal Classes Set The Foundation
For A Strong Partnership In Parenting
What people are saying...
- I think the most important aspect for me was to bring us together, to be able to make time to consider our options instead of it always being just me who is thinking about it. Giving power to the father to know that he is essential to the process - now already - has been important for us. The fact of attending the course and seeing and hearing (and not only me quoting books) was important for Gustavo (in my opinion). Also the other day I was astounded during a meditation in yoga class - I was able to visualize connecting with the baby better than ever before, and I am sure it is because of our HypnoBirthing practice. In the past, my mind was always susceptible to wandering and for the first time in years I felt solidly, calmly, undistractedly in my meditation. Thank you!
- A different vision of birth and infants (1). In October 2010 our daughter Evelyn was born. My mother in-law says that each child arrives with a piece of bread under their arm. In other words they arrive bearing gifts. One of the gifts she bought to us is the discovery of HypnoBirthing. After receiving the book as a gift we (my husband and I) took the course with Ilona Fritsch and we are very happy that we did. The predominant story about birth in our society is one of pain and labor for the mother and a sense of helplessness for the father. We rarely think about what the infant is going through but when we do we see birth as a harrowing terrible experience where we must have doctors who monitor every minute to make sure that nothing goes wrong. And when we think about infants and children we have this story that makes them out to be helpless, just a digestive tube or some kind of incomplete adult. The HypnoBirthing course offered us a different vision. It gave us tools so that the birth was way less painful than we expected. Relaxing the muscles, light touch massage, effective use of breathing and various relaxation, visualization and fear reducing exercises as well as a clear message to ignore time were all very helpful during the birth. Also my husband felt wonderful that he could take part in the process rather than just stand by and watch. The powerful emphasis on the intelligence and capacities of infants was very meaningful for us. The encouragement to recognize that the child is already present even before birth and the importance of starting the relationship before birth was essential. The reflections on what babies need after having worked hard and showing so much competence during the birth process helped us to feel empowered as parents.
I now understand we are far more powerful and resourceful than we allow ourselves to believe. I do believe we will have a wonderful birth experience. I do believe in power of the subconscious to guide our baby into this world with joy and love. We thank you for your belief in us and for your belief in the power within each one of us. Thank you!
One of the most important things I learnt from the HypnoBirthing class experience was an adjustment in perspective. Instead of seeing the birth of my baby as something to fear or dread, I am concentrating on the joy of meeting him for the first time on that day. I also feel more confident in my body’s ability to go through the birthing process with minimal intervention or medication. Finally, the classes were a nice experience to share with my birthing companion, I felt his love and support and that he was really there for me at this very exciting time in our lives. I plan to share the book with a friend who is really petrified of giving birth, I think the techniques taught could really be of use to her. The class was enjoyable; the relaxation exercises were very calming. The people we met were all very nice and the teacher informative and kind. Thank you!
Eye opening, giving power, strength and confidence for situation or event that was made to seem scary. Remember that it is all natural so natural that you really don't need any intervention. Bringing birth back to the parents and their baby.*** I learned the wisdom of deep relaxation. I spend more time in contemplation and just relaxing then I did before. I realize the utility of this now. I have reaffirmed my enjoyment of deep relaxation. I have always liked meditation. I have learned a lot about the role of the birth partner, very interesting. I have learned more about our physiology. I am motivated to learn more about how the uterus contracts/ surges with the two layers of muscles working together. I like the light touch massage technique I practice this with /on my baby. I like to think that she is getting used to me soothing her. Unlike my partner, I really enjoy the music 🙂 Thank you!
- Once again, I am humbled today by this beautiful work we have been blessed to do. 14 years ago, a young religious woman was referred to me by her OB. She was so afraid. As we talked about birth, she was physically trembling from fear. She and her husband attended my HypnoBirthing class. I got to be her doula. She totally turned it around and birthed in calm, comfort & with such grace. She was changed forever. She was no longer the terrified, timid girl. She was a strong and powerful woman. She went on to have baby #2-birthed in triage with hardly a sound...#3 a vaginal breech! #4, 5 & 6 didn't need me 🙂 and then #7. She contacted me because #7 was breech. A different Dr. was recommending c- section. At 36 weeks she came in for a consult. I demonstrated the spinning babies techniques and balanced her pelvis with the Webster Technique. After two sessions baby was head down! A few days later she called to ask if I could be her doula. She said she was feeling fear and wanted to enjoy her birth so I agreed. Today I got the call- 'Vivian, are you home? the baby is almost here and I'm not sure what to do?' 'Call 911 and I'm coming!' She lived in my neighbourhood so I ran out the door. I arrived 4 minutes later to find the baby on her chest! Dad was able to receive with the guidance of the 911 operator. My heart is bursting with joy. To have had the honor of witnessing the birth of this woman and her beautiful family is something that I am so grateful for. Remembering her small meager apartment 14 years ago and getting to see her today, in a beautiful home, surrounded by her beautiful children, holding her sweet baby on her chest with her husband just beaming with pride. Nothing could be sweeter. Life is good. Vivian
Hypnobirthing® – Natural Childbirth
The Way Your Baby Was Meant To Be Born
Most Recent Articles:
While there are many documentaries about birth and news clips about HypnoBirthing, there has never been a documentary primarily focused…
https://hypnobirthingcanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Cardinal-Movements.mp4 The cardinal movements of labor, also called the mechanics of labor, are certain movements of the fetal position and…
HypnoBirthing® Myths & Realities HypnoBirthing® is a widely-recognized, yet sometimes misunderstood, childbirth preparation program. Let’s address 7 of the most common myths/misconceptions,…