Enjoy the rewards that come from teaching relaxation, visualization, fear
release, and guided imagery to assist pregnant couples in achieving a gentle,
normal, safer, and more comfortable birthing that most mirrors nature.
Join the international network of HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educators,
who are finding it professionally and financially exciting to teach
the most remarkable technique to appear on the birthing scene in several decades.
Certification also includes a listing on the HypnoBirthing on-line referral system, a copy of the Institute
newsletter four times a year, and regular updates.
HOW IS THE COURSE STRUCTURED?
The HypnoBirthing® Practitioner training is a dynamic, six-day Childbirth Educator Program consisting of a
48 hour “Certification Workshop for HypnoBirthing ®”.
WHAT DO I GET?
In addition to the training itself, you will receive :
- Your own copy of the book HypnoBirthing the Mongan method,
- 1 CD called Rainbow Relaxation,
- A DVD with 7 HypnoBirthing stories
- A class syllabus for each segment,
- Scripts and class outlines,
- 6 posters,
- Numerous forms and handouts.
- You will also be provided with ongoing support by email or phone.
What will I learn?
THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU:
- An understanding of the workings of the body’s own natural “epidural”
- Relaxation techniques that eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- An understanding of why women in other cultures have easier, more comfortable birthings.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature.
- Proven hypnotic techniques to bring about easier, more comfortable labour and birthing
YOU WILL ALSO LEARN:
- How to eliminate fear and replace it with confidence and understanding
- The source of the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment in normal birthing
- How to teach the birthing companion hypnotic rapport
- Specific techniques of hypnotic anesthesia
- The three stages of labour and relaxation skills for each
- Prenatal, perinatal, and postnatal bonding techniques. . . and much more!
INTRODUCTION TO HYPNOSIS FOR BIRTHING
(This segment is mandatory for non-hypnotherapists).
- Applications of hypnosis
- Attitudes about hypnosis
- Basics of brainwave activity
- Laws of the mind
- Rationale for hypnosis in birthing
- Understanding clients’ learning styles
- Direct and permissive hypnosis approaches
- Dangers of unqualified therapy
- Steps to achieve hypnosis
- Mind/Body associations and applications
- Judging trance depth
- Guidelines for achieving change
- Eye fixation/closure
- Elman - Ericksonian - Shanti leads
- Eyelift conversion lead
- Deepening techniques
- Post-hypnotic suggestions
- Awakening and alerting
HYPNOBIRTHING PRACTITIONER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
(Hypnotherapists only need complete this segment).
- Philosophy and Beginnings of HypnoBirthing
- How the uterus works in birthing
- What's wrong with labour
- How fear affects labour
- The origin of fear and pain in labour
- Prenatal bonding and fetology
- Preparing the mind for birth
- Hypnosis deepening and visualization
- Releasing fear
- Preparing the body for birthing
- Building a partnership with care providers
- Turning breech-presented babies
- Looking at the "due date"
- Avoiding artificial induction
- Preparing the birth plan
- How the body prepares for birth
- Preparing medical care providers
- The onset of labour
- Perinatal bonding
- Breathing through labour
- Breathing with birth
- Bonding with the baby
INTRODUCTION TO BIRTHING BASICS
- The Beautiful Female Birthing Body
- Anatomy of The Female Reproductive System
- Internal & External Structures
- Conception and Early fetal development
- Characteristics of the uterus
- Fundus, Body, Cervix
- The Baby's Support System
- Amniotic Sac
- Umbilical Cord
- Three Trimesters of Pregnancy
- Physical Changes during Pregnancy
- Fetal Positioning during Pregnancy
- Turning Breech Presented Babies
- Labor Signals
- Characteristics of Managed Labor
- Characteristics of HypnoBirthing Labor
- Onset of Labor
- Fetal Positioning during Birth
- Labor Stages As Defined in Typical Birthing
- Labor Phases as Defined in HypnoBirthing
- Mother Directed Birthing
After your training, you will be asked to submit an assignment for marking, to assess your understanding of the course.
If you pass, you will then be accepted as a certified HypnoBirthing® Practitioner.
To maintain your certification status, you will also be required to undertake a certain amount of continuing professional
development - full details will be provided if you decide to train.
HypnoBirthing® the Mongan Method is a trade name and registered trade mark for a copyrighted childbirth education program, owned by Marie F. Mongan.
The use of the name HypnoBirthing, all HypnoBirthing materials and the information contained in them is intended for individual, personal use only and may not be used, sold, reproduced, distributed, or in any way disseminated by persons not affiliated with The HypnoBirthing Institute.
If you want the genuine article, make sure your practitioner is offering the official syllabus, and not simply "hypnobirthing", "hypno-birthing,
"hypnobirth", Hypno Birthing, or just "hypnosis for childbirth.
HypnoBirthing Canada has been offering HypnoBirthing training to professionals since 2004.
This training might also benefit a person looking to be trained and to start a new practice.
Now HypnoBirthing Canada offers free information session for people interested in
becoming a HypnoBirthing Practitioner and receive their certification from the
Already practicing doulas, midwives, nurses are welcome along with those seeking a
new career path in this field.